Upcoming SCMB Church Events
As of Sunday, May 31, Storms Creek began having Sunday morning church services again. Below you will see ten guidelines we have implemented, including two different start times for Sunday morning services, that you want to be sure to read through due to the continued issue of COVID-19. Everyone is welcome to attend and we look forward to seeing you this Sunday morning !
1. There will be two Sunday morning services. The first will begin at 9:30 a.m., and we are recommending those that are 55 and over or who have an underlying health issue attend this service. The second service will begin at 11:00 a.m. for the rest of the congregation. The same message will be preached in both services by the same pastor. Pastor Kenny Hurst and Assistant Pastor Jeremy Shamblin will be rotating each week.
2. There will be no Sunday evening and no Wednesday youth service until further notice. We will have our regular Wednesday meeting, at the normal time.
3. On Sunday morning, we will open the church doors five minutes before each service begins, hand sanitizer will be in the back of the church. We will have certain pews blocked off so we can practice social distancing. We ask that families sit together in the same pew.
4. We are asking that there be no handshaking or hugging to avoid any spread from physical contact.
5. Everyone is encouraged to wear a face mask, but it is not mandatory.
6. We encourage limited use of the restroom.
7. The congregation will dismiss one row at a time so everyone is not leaving at the same time and creating a crowded area.
8. The church annex will not be used until further notice.
9. Unfortunately, Vacation Bible School, along with our Annual Homecoming service are cancelled this year.